Food that fits into the fullness of your life....
Mise en Place Marketplace offers home meal kits, fresh bakery fare, and other handcrafted goods available for pickup and delivery in the Duluth area. Our food is locally made and readied with care to bring a taste of our table home to yours.
"Mise en place" is a french term meaning "everything in its place." In the kitchen, it is used as a measure of readiness. A cook will set their mise en place by preparing all ingredients and gathering all the tools she’ll need for a busy, Saturday dinner service. The dynamic thinking and organization of mise en place is the measure of a good cook—never under-prepared, never over-prepped.
For us, at Mise en Place Marketplace, the key is this balance, what the Swedish might call "lagom"—not too little and not too much. In the flurry of a busy service, there is no space for excess and no time for not enough. It is a balance we strike. We’re always aiming for just right: a meal that fills us up without weighing us down, a tomato perfectly in season, a duck breast 20 seconds shy of medium-rare.
In our meal kits, in our marketplace, we aim to be ready with precisely what’s needed. Our meal kits arrive with all things in their place, prepped and ready for your kitchen. Our virtual marketplace shelves are stocked with the kind of handcrafted food that we used to find in open-air markets, the neighborhood deli, at the bakery round the corner. It is the kind of food that brightens the table and reminds us of home.
We won’t have everything available all the time, but what we have will be right: seasonally responsive, thoughtfully sourced, and designed with care to fit into the fullness of your life.
- We are now a no-tipping operation. Moving forward, we are adding a 20% service charge to all orders.
- The majority of this service charge is used to directly support fair wages for our entire team, with the remainder used to offset processing fees and payroll taxes.
- Pursuant to Minnesota Statute Section 177.23 subdivision 9, this service charge is not a gratuity for employee service and is the property of the business to distribute.
- Regardless of if they are taking your order, cooking your food, pouring your beer, or washing dishes, everyone on our team works hard to ensure you have a great experience.
- This service charge allows us to ensure all staff are equally valued and more equitably paid—without tips.
- Use the "ORDER ONLINE" button above to begin building your order.
- Online orders can be placed up until midnight before the date of pickup or delivery. Requests for changes to an order can be made up until midnight as well.
- Store pickup and local delivery are available Monday through Friday. Shipping is available on request. See details below.
- Many of our meal kits will arrive with some ingredients frozen, especially proteins. Please plan your order date accordingly to allow for proper thawing before preparation. Most meal kits are intended to be consumed within 2-3 days.
- Ordering is limited to two weeks into the future to ensure product availability.
- As of June 11th, 2021, we have switched to a new computer system. All pre-existing "New Scenic Cafe" gift cards are now redeemable directly for Mise en Place Marketplace orders.
- If you have an electronic Mise en Place Marketplace gift card purchased prior to June 11th, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- New E-Gift Cards can be purchased from our online ordering site. Physical gift cards can be purchased in person.
- Store pickup is available from the New Scenic Café, located at 5461 North Shore Drive, 8 miles up the North Shore from Duluth.
- Pickup is available Monday through Friday, from 12:00-6:00pm. Please choose your pickup date when placing your order.
- Please park your vehicle when you arrive at the New Scenic Café, come to the front entrance, and ring the doorbell to get our attention. Provide the name used to place the order, and our staff will retrieve your items as soon as possible.
- Local messenger delivery is available within a 30-mile radius from city center of Duluth.
- Delivery is available Monday through Friday. Deliveries are normally made between 4:00-7:00pm. Circumstances will vary, and we cannot offer exact delivery times. Please choose your delivery date when placing your order.
- Due to refrigeration needs, we prefer that someone is available at time of delivery. If nobody can be present, please provide a cooler with ice for us to leave your items in.
- UPS Next Day Air shipping is available on request. Please contact us at email@example.com and provide your phone number if would like to have an order shipped.
- All orders ship via UPS Next Day Air to ensure freshness and proper refrigeration.
- To avoid delivery delays, shipments leave our store on Monday through Thursday only.
- Recipient should be home to accept packages. The shipper will release the packages if the recipient is not home, please choose your ship date carefully. We will not be responsible for items delivered but not opened, packages released or packages that spoiled, stolen or destroyed by pets or animals. Please make sure someone will be there to accept the packages.
- We will take the utmost care packaging and handling your perishable purchases in insulated shipping packaging. Perishable items which are packed with ice packs are guaranteed to be fresh and should be inspected immediately upon arrival. All claims must be made within 24 hours of receipt. Do not discard any of the packaging if there is a problem. Credit will not be granted if items are discarded or partially consumed.
- We are not responsible for packages which are lost or spoiled due to incomplete or incorrect addresses. Please carefully check and confirm addresses before submitting your order. Be sure to include your apartment number, floor number, etc. Shipping companies are not responsible for address corrections or verification of address.
Need to get in touch?
Fill out and submit the form below...
...OR email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.