Food that fits into the fullness of your life....
Mise en Place Marketplace offers home meal kits, fresh bakery fare, and other handcrafted goods available for pickup at New Scenic Café. Our food is locally made and readied with care to bring a taste of our table home to yours.
"Mise en place" is a french term meaning "everything in its place." In the kitchen, it is used as a measure of readiness. A cook will set their mise en place by preparing all ingredients and gathering all the tools she’ll need for a busy, Saturday dinner service. The dynamic thinking and organization of mise en place is the measure of a good cook—never under-prepared, never over-prepped.
For us, at Mise en Place Marketplace, the key is this balance, what the Swedish might call "lagom"—not too little and not too much. In the flurry of a busy service, there is no space for excess and no time for not enough. It is a balance we strike. We’re always aiming for just right: a meal that fills us up without weighing us down, a tomato perfectly in season, a duck breast 20 seconds shy of medium-rare.
In our meal kits, in our marketplace, we aim to be ready with precisely what’s needed. Our meal kits arrive with all things in their place, prepped and ready for your kitchen. Our virtual marketplace shelves are stocked with the kind of handcrafted food that we used to find in open-air markets, the neighborhood deli, at the bakery round the corner. It is the kind of food that brightens the table and reminds us of home.
We won’t have everything available all the time, but what we have will be right: seasonally responsive, thoughtfully sourced, and designed with care to fit into the fullness of your life.
- Use the "ORDER ONLINE" button above to begin building your order.
- Online orders can be placed up until midnight before the date of pickup. Requests for changes to an order can be made up until midnight as well.
- Store pickup is available Monday through Friday. Shipping is available on request. See details below.
- Many of our meal kits will arrive with some ingredients frozen, especially proteins. Please plan your order date accordingly to allow for proper thawing before preparation. Most meal kits are intended to be consumed within 2-3 days.
- Ordering is limited to two weeks into the future to ensure product availability.
- As of June 11th, 2021, we implemented a new computer system. All pre-existing "New Scenic Cafe" gift cards are now redeemable directly for Mise en Place Marketplace orders.
- New E-Gift Cards can be purchased from our online ordering site. Physical gift cards can be purchased at New Scenic Café.
- We are now a no-tipping operation. Moving forward, we are adding a 20% service charge to all orders.
- The majority of this service charge is used to directly support fair wages for our entire team, with the remainder used to offset processing fees and payroll taxes.
- Pursuant to Minnesota Statute Section 177.23 subdivision 9, this service charge is not a gratuity for employee service and is the property of the business to distribute.
- Regardless of if they are taking your order, cooking your food, pouring your beer, or washing dishes, everyone on our team works hard to ensure you have a great experience.
- This service charge allows us to ensure all staff are equally valued and more equitably paid—without tips.
- Store pickup is available from the New Scenic Café, located at 5461 North Shore Drive, 8 miles up the North Shore from Duluth.
- Pickup is available Monday through Friday, from 12:00-6:00pm. Please choose your pickup date when placing your order.
- Please park your vehicle when you arrive at the New Scenic Café, come to the front entrance, and ring the doorbell to get our attention. Provide the name used to place the order, and our staff will retrieve your items as soon as possible.
- UPS Next Day Air shipping of 'Mise en Place Marketplace' goods is available on request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your phone number if would like to have an order shipped.
- As of Friday, September 24th, we no longer offer local delivery of orders as a standard option.
- With the New Scenic Café's doors being open, we are focusing our 'Mise en Place' efforts on our store pickup option.
- We are always open to possibilities. If you have specific needs for food delivery, catering, or other culinary services, please contact New Scenic Café at email@example.com
Need to get in touch?
Fill out and submit the form below...
...OR email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.